1. For the card front: To create a gatefold card, open the card, then bring both sides in to the center score line and crease. Cut 2½"x6" Happy Halloween crow/boot cardstock from the left side and 2½"x6" from the right side. Glue both to the front card panels. Place brown thin line Dazzles™ at the top and bottom as shown, trimming the excess.
2. For the card inside: Cut 4½"x6" navy cardstock and glue it to the inside center. Cut 4"x6" Happy Halloween scarecrow cardstock and place it horizontally. Score it vertically ½" from the “sky” edge. Fold this tab under and place sticky tape on the outer surface. Center the folded cardstock on the navy cardstock and adhere it in place.
3. Place brown thin line Dazzles™ near the upper and lower edges of the scarecrow cardstock, trimming the excess. Die cut “Happy Halloween” from light orange and black cardstocks. Glue the orange words onto the black words, offsetting them slightly, then glue both to the scarecrow cardstock as shown.
4. Die cut a small pumpkin from orange cardstock and glue yellow cardstock behind the face. Glue the pumpkin on the words as shown. Die cut a hat from tan cardstock and glue it to the pumpkin.
5. Lift up the scarecrow cardstock. Cut 4"x5½" Happy Halloween pumpkin border cardstock and glue it to the inside as shown. Place brown thin line Dazzles™ near the lower edge, trimming the excess.
6. For the pop-up mechanism: Cut 4½"x1" black cardstock and place it horizontally. Score it 1", 2¼", and 3¼" from the left end. Crease all the scores in mountain folds. Place sticky tape on the outer surfaces of both end panels. Flatten the piece in the center and place it at the inner card’s fold with the shorter end against the pumpkin panel. Close the card to secure the pop-up mechanism.
7. Die cut the spiderweb twice from vellum, then glue both to the inside as shown. Cut 2"x3½" Happy Halloween pumpkin cardstock (from the scarecrow piece) and mat it on brown cardstock with ⅛" borders. Use sticky tape to attach it to the front of the pop-up mechanism.
8. Die cut the scarecrow from brown, orange, and navy cardstocks. Cut the coat off the navy scarecrow and glue it over the brown scarecrow’s coat. Cut the head off the orange scarecrow and glue black cardstock behind the face. Glue the orange head over the brown scarecrow’s head. Die cut the hat from tan cardstock and the moon from yellow cardstock. Glue the scarecrow, hat, and moon to the pop-up panel as shown.
9. Glue the “jack-o-lanterns…” tag die-cut as shown, then place a crystal sticker over the tag’s hole. Die cut the three pumpkins from orange cardstock and glue yellow cardstock behind their faces. Glue them stacked along the left edge as shown.
10. For the belly band: Cut 11½"x1½" brown cardstock. Place the center of the strip on the card’s center back, then wrap the ends to the front loosely. Overlap the strip ends and glue them together. Cut two 4⅞"x1⅜" Happy Halloween pumpkins cardstock. Place brown thin line Dazzles™ near the long edges on both strips, trimming the excess, then glue the strips centered on the front and back panels of the band.
11. Cut 3"x3½" Happy Halloween cat & hat cardstock and place brown thin line Dazzles™ near the upper and lower edges, trimming the excess. Mat it on navy cardstock with ⅛" borders, then foam tape it to the band’s center front. Mat the “boo” cutout on black cardstock with ⅛" borders, then on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue it to the panel as shown. Slip the band onto the card, centering the cat image on the front.