Designer’s Note: To turn the Strawberry Box into a pop-up inside a card, the angled left edges on the front and back die-cuts must be trimmed off to make them vertical. Once the box is paritally assembled, trim the box front and back along the folded edge of the left box side.
1. For the card front: Cut 4¾"x6¼" Sweet Life border paper with the striped border along the bottom. Wrap two 8" lengths of ⅛" wide grosgrain ribbon over the paper vertically near the left edge and glue the ends to the back. Glue the paper centered on the card front.
2. Die cut a strawberry box front and a rim from white cardstock, then foam tape the rim along the upper edge of the box. Cut 2"x1½" Sweet Life brown dotted paper and glue it to the back of the box, covering the slits. Glue the box to the card front as shown.
3. Die cut small leaves, 3-leaf sprigs, and berry tops from Sweet Life green dotted paper and use a dauber to ink the edges with Pine Tree ink. Die cut flowers from Sweet Life white dotted paper and ink the edges with Plum Jam. Die cut small and large berries from Sweet Life pink and red mesh papers, then ink the pink berries with Plum Jam and the red berries with Bordeaux.
4. Glue the tops to the berries and attach Diamond Sparkles to the flower centers. Glue and foam tape the leaves, berries, and flowers extending out of the box top and down at the lower right corner as shown.
5. Make a 4-loop bow with the ⅛" wide grosgrain ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue the bow to the first ribbons, 1¼" from the card top, then attach a Diamond Sparkle to the bow center. Place red “hello” Dazzles™ across the front and use sticky tape to attach two butterflies as shown. Place a Diamond Sparkles on each butterfly.
6. For the inside: Cut 5"x6½" Sweet Life border paper with the flowers at the upper right. Cut 5"x1" Sweet Life striped paper and glue it along the bottom edge. Cut 5"x⅜" Sweet Life brown dotted paper and glue it covering the upper edge of the striped paper.
7. Die cut a box card front, back, two sides, and two crossbars from white cardstock. Follow the die package directions to crease the score lines and assemble the box, but don’t secure the last two sides together. Flatten the box and trim off the left front and back edges even with the side fold to make the edges vertical. Attach one end of each crossbar to one box end as directed.
8. Die cut more berries, flowers, berry tops, leaves, and 3-leaf sprigs and ink the edges as for the front. Die cut flower centers from Sweet Life brown dotted paper and glue one to each flower. Glue the berry tops to the berries. Glue and foam tape the leaves, berries, and flowers to the inside back of the box and to the crossbars as shown.
9. Follow the package directions to attach the remaining crossbar ends inside the box and to secure the final box sides together. Use sticky tape to attach the back and the trimmed left end of the box to the card inside against the fold as shown. Glue more berries, a flower, and leaves at the lower right. Place red “thank you” Dazzles™ as shown.
Showing 1 - 1of 1 Comments
I am so glad I joined the subscription. I have already made a card with this die and it is so cute. Thanks for the showing other ways to use the dies. You are the best!