Designer’s Note: For something unique, I turned the die-cut card on its side and attached it to the inside of a regular card, creating a flap that wraps over the front. It’s a fun and unexpected feature—and another surface for decorating!
1. For the card front: Open the blank card and cut ½" off the left front edge, then close it and place the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4¼"x6¼" Seascapes & Sand seaweed corner cardstock and glue it centered on the front.
2. Remove starfish, crab, coral, and seahorse chipboard pieces from the backing and ink the fronts with VersaMark™. Cover the pieces with embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat to melt it. Glue the chipboard pieces to the front as shown.
3. For the inside: Cut 1"x6½" Seascapes & Sand tan sand cardstock and glue it along the right card edge. Follow the package directions to die cut a card from Seascapes & Sand blue ocean cardstock. Crease the score lines as directed. Glue the die cut card to the inside, aligning the top fold along the right card edge. Open the flap.
4. Cut 4¼"x6" Seascapes & Sand jellyfish cardstock and glue it to the inside, positioning the right edge against the upper and lower folds of the flap. Glue the Seascapes & Sand coral tag and “enjoy your day” label die-cuts and foam tape the “happy birthday” die-cut as shown.
5. Emboss two shells and a seahorse chipboard as for the front pieces, then glue them to the inside as shown. Knot a 3" length of tan gingham ribbon and glue it over the tag’s hole.
6. For the die-cut flap: Thread ¾" wide dotted sheer ribbon around the flap near the outer fold as shown and tie into a shoestring bow on the front near the top. Cut out the Seascapes & Sand “hello friend” label and foam tape it to the flap front as shown. Emboss the starfish and shell chipboard pieces as before, then glue them to the label bottom. On the flap inside, glue the seahorse die-cut as shown.