Designer’s Note: While this die was specifically designed to create a stand-up card by gluing four of the card bases together, you can also use it singly to create small cards and Valentines for loved ones!
1. For the card: Follow the package directions to die cut one heart pop-up card base from pink cardstock and to crease the scores in mountain and valley folds. Place sticky tape on the outside of the narrow tab and attach the tab to the inside edge of the opposite heart.
2. For the front: Die cut a heart from Sweet Pea corner design cardstock. Wrap a 5" length of pink stitched grosgrain ribbon across the widest portion of the heart and glue the ends to the back. Glue the heart centered on the card front.
3. Cut out the two Sweet Pea sentiments shown, then glue the “sending sweet thoughts…” below the ribbon and foam tape the “for my best friend” above it as shown. Knot a 3" length of the same ribbon and glue it left of the sentiments.
4. Die cut flowers from Sweet Pea pink and pink dotted cardstocks and leaf sprigs from green cardstock. Use the daubers to ink the edges of the flowers with Plum Jam and the edges of the leaves with Pine Tree. Glue and foam tape the flowers and leaves to the front as shown, then place jewel Dazzles™ in the flower centers.
5. For the inside: Die cut two hearts from Sweet Pea floral cardstock. Cut two 3½"x⅝" pieces of pink plaid cardstock and glue them across the hearts as shown. Trim the excess along the heart edges. Place pink border Dazzles™ along the upper and lower edges of the plaid strips, trimming the excess, then glue the hearts centered on the inside panels. Place black “happy” Dazzles™ on the left plaid strip near the fold and “Valentine’s Day” on the right plaid strip.
6. Die cut two half-hearts from Sweet Pea pink tapestry cardstock, flipping the paper over for the second cut. Glue them to the lower panels as shown. Cut out the “sweet thoughts” oval and glue just the left half of it to the left pop-up section. Die cut more flowers and sprigs from the Sweet Pea cardstocks, ink the edges as before, then glue and foam tape them to the inside as shown. Place jewel Dazzles™ in the flower centers.