1. For the card front: Cut 5"x6½" Meadow Blooms yellow border cardstock with greenery along the bottom and ink the edges with Mustard. Die cut the birdhouse front from solid gold, then place it in the embossing folder and emboss the wood texture on it. Die cut the base from the same cardstock, then ink the edges of both the house and the base with Mustard ink.
2. Die cut the roof and base from white cardstock, the perch from dark brown, and the door from purple cardstock. Assemble the die-cut pieces of the house. Glue the gold base as a post for the birdhouse, then foam tape the house above it, locating it near the right card edge.
3. Die cut the bird from dark blue cardstock, the wing from light blue, and the beak from yellow cardstock. Cut a tiny piece of dark brown cardstock and glue it behind the eye. Glue the beak in place on the bird back, then glue the wing to the front.
4. Die cut leaves and strawberry caps from Meadow Blooms green textured cardstock and ink the edges with Khaki. Die cut strawberries from solid red cardstock and ink the edges with Gingerbread. Use the bone folder to gently curve the leaves and berries. Glue the caps to the berries, then glue and foam tape the leaves, berries, and bird to the house and post as shown.
5. Die cut small single flowers from white cardstock. Place gold jewel Dazzles™ in the flower centers, then glue the flowers among the leaves and berries. Place gold pearl “happy birthday” Dazzles™ on the card at the upper left.
6. For the inside: Cut 4½"x6" Meadow Blooms blue border cardstock with flowers at the lower left. Ink the edges with Stormy Night, then glue it centered on the inside. Repeat the steps for creating the birdhouse, using brown cardstock for the house and post. Use light yellow cardstock for the roof and base and gold for the door and perch, inking them with Gingerbread. Glue the house and post as shown.
7. Die cut birds facing both directions from light blue cardstock, the wings and eyes from dark blue cardstock and the beaks from yellow cardstock. Die cut more leaves, berries, flowers, and caps as for the front, then glue and foam tape them and the birds as shown. Die cut a label from yellow cardstock and place gold pearl “make a wish” Dazzles™ on it. Foam tape it as shown.
Showing 1 - 1of 1 Comments
I love how she put the birdhouse flat on the card. I’m picturing this card for Winter or Christmas with snow on the roof, and adorned with holly and berries. Maybe even a cardinal waiting nearby.