Designer’s Note: The Pocket Pop-Out can be made to be pulled from any direction on a card. This version has it popping up, but I’ve also created it where the pop-out is pulled down and out of the pocket. Any direction works—just adjust the embellishments and sentiments to fit the direction!
1. For the card front: Cut the card to 5"x5", then place it with the fold at the top. Cut 4¾"x4¾" Seascapes & Sand ocean floor cardstock and glue it centered on the front. Die cut the pocket from light blue cardstock and the folded card and mechanism from tan cardstock. Crease the pieces.
2. Cut 3"x2½" shells on blue cardstock and glue it centered on the outer front of the card pull-out. Open the card pull-out. Cut 3"x2½" underwater cardstock shown and glue it to the lower inside section. Cut 3"x3⅛" Seascapes & Sand sand/shells border cardstock and glue it to the upper inside section. Follow the package directions to construct the pocket pop-out.
3. Cut 3⅝"x3⅛" Seascapes & Sand dark blue ocean floor cardstock and glue it to the pocket front. Wrap two strands of tan jute around the pocket, ¾" from the bottom, and glue the ends to the back. Use sticky tape to attach the pocket to the card front as shown.
4. Place gold “blessings” Dazzles™ on the pocket front in the upper left corner. Foam tape the bottle and round shell die-cuts to the front as shown. Make a 6-loop bow with tan jute and tie the center with 4" of tan jute. Glue the bow as shown.
5. Pull the card out of the pocket and place gold “happy thoughts” Dazzles™ near the upper edge of the pull-out’s outer front. Pull it until the card flops open. Mat the “wish big” cutout on light blue cardstock with very narrow borders, then on white cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue it to the lower inside panel. Glue the “happy birthday” die-cut to the upper inside panel so it’s hidden when the card is in the pocket. Tie two strands of tan jute onto the pull-out hole.
6. For the inside: Cut 4¼"x5" Seascapes & Sand whale cardstock and mat the side edges on light blue cardstock with ⅛" borders. Wrap two strands across the cardstock, 1" from the top, and glue the ends to the back. Glue the cardstock to the inside. Cut out the “let’s celebrate you” label and mat it on tan cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue it as shown. Wrap and knot two jute strands around the first jute next to the label.