Designer’s Note: Because the trellis supports leaves and flowers, I wanted it to be sturdy, so I die cut two trellises from white cardstock and glued them together. It’s entirely optional—you can use a single trellis or you could die cut it from heavyweight cardstock.
1. For the card front: Follow the Garden Trellis die package directions to die cut the box and crossbars from A Nesting Place solid brown cardstock. Die cut two trellises from white cardstock and glue one on top of the other. Attach the two box die-cuts together end-to-end. Place sticky tape along the bottom back of the trellis and 1¼" up on each side. Attach the trellis inside the box on one of the wider sections so it extends 3¾" above the box top.
2. Die cut leaves and the fern from A Nesting Place solid green cardstocks and flowers from A Nesting Place pink, yellow, and blue patterned cardstocks. Using the blending brushes, ink the edges of the leaves with Pine Tree, the blue flowers with Ocean Blue, the pink flowers with Plum Jam, and the yellow flowers with Honey Pot.
3. Glue the fern climbing up the right side of the trellis and a long stem of leaves climbing partway up the left side. Glue and foam tape flowers to the fern and leaves, stacking some smaller blossoms on top of larger blossoms.
4. Place sticky tape on the ends of the crossbar die-cuts, then follow the package directions to attach one end to the inside of a box end. Glue more leaves and flowers to the back crossbar on the left end, extending 2" above the bar top. Glue leaves and flowers to the front crossbar on the right end, also extending 2" above the bar.
5. Place jewel Dazzles™ on all the flower centers. Follow the package directions to attach the remaining crossbar ends to the opposite box end and to glue the box sides together. Place border Dazzles™ along the top and bottom edges of the box front and sides, trimming them as needed.
6. Cut out A Nesting Place “happy birthday” oval label and foam tape it to the inside box front as shown. Glue leaves and flowers around it. Cut out the blue blank tag, then place brown “make a wish” Dazzles™ on it. Foam tape the tag to the box front at the lower right. Glue leaves and flowers around the tag as shown, then place jewel Dazzles™ on the flowers.