Happy Thoughts Card
By: Gail Booth
Technique: Distressed Embossing – Emboss your image in white on white, then rub and paint distress inks over the image to make it stand out.
Designer Tip: Use a paintbrush to pick up distress ink from the ink pad, and mix with a little water in the ink pad lid for detail painting of your embossed image. Experiment with different amounts of water to get lighter and darker shades of ink for painting. Wipe off excess paint from the embossing with a paper towel.
- Gypsy Jewels Paper Pack
- Gypsy Jewel Flowers Foil 3D Papier Tole
- Gypsy Jewels Ribbon Set - 3/4” white dot sheer
- Simply Susan Stamp Set
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- Purple Jewel Dazzles™
- Acrylic Block
- White Cardstock
- Distress Ink Pads - Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves
- Super Fine Embossing Powders - Black, White
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad
- Art Daubers
- Foam Tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Glue Stick
- Heat Gun
- Paint brush
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Cover with Gypsy Jewels purple stripe paper.
- Distressed Embossing: Use VersaMark™ to stamp the corner floral/scroll image on a 3”x3” white cardstock, dust with white embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Emboss “HAPPY” in black on the top. Use the art daubers to lightly pounce shaded lilac distress ink in random areas on your piece, using a circular motion. Repeat the process in the remaining white areas with seedless preserves ink. Follow the “designer tip” to paint in details on your embossed images.
- Ink the edges of your embossed piece with lilac ink, mat on white with a 1/16” border and glue 1/4” from the top edge of your card.
- Emboss “thoughts” in white on a 2 1/2”x1” Gypsy Jewels purple stripe paper, cut the left end in a “v” and mat on white with a 1/16” border on all sides but the right end. Foam tape the banner as shown.
- From the large purple flower die-cut set: pop out #3, foam tape over #2 and foam tape at the lower left of your card, as shown. From the pink and yellow flower cluster die-cut set: pop out #4, foam tape over #3 and Zot™ next to the purple flower set, as shown. Zot™ on three extra artwork leaves.
- Zot™ on a sheer dot bow and Zot™ a small pink extra artwork flower die-cut on the bow. Place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Card inside: Tie ribbon around the lower part of a 3 1/2”x3 1/2” Gypsy Jewels purple stripe paper with a knot on the left and glue on your card center.
- Use the Distressed Embossing technique to stamp and emboss “Do something EVERY DAY…” in white on a 2 1/2x2 1/2” white cardstock and color with distress inks in the same way as the front of your card. Ink the edges with lilac ink, mat on white with a 1/16” border and foam tape on the paper center.
- Repeat the Distressed Embossing technique for a small butterfly stamp on white cardstock, color with inks and cut out close to the image. Foam tape over a small purple flower die-cut, as shown. Zot™ a small purple extra artwork flower die-cut on the bow and place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.