Thinking of You Dad Card
By: Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Wet Paper Stamping adds an ink halo around this stamped light bulb that adds a lot of interest. Spray again after stamping if you need the ink to “bleed” a little more into the paper, and drying with a heat gun also makes the ink move around even more.
- Light Bulb Small Stamp
- Rhapsody Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Rhapsody Ribbon Set
- Rhapsody Die-Cuts
- Rhapsody Embellies™
- Black Suede Paper
- Red Holographic Ripple Paper
- Friends & Family Dazzles™ (Black)
- Acrylic Block
- White Cardstock
- Festive Berries Distress Ink Pad
- Zing! Black Glitter Embossing Powder
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad
- Foam Tape
- Glue Stick
- Heat Gun
- 1/8” Hole Punch
- Water Spritzer
- Fine-Tip Black Pen or Computer Printer
- Font: Times New Roman, 20 pt.
- Front card panel: Ink the edges of 4½” square Rhapsody floral border paper (keeping a floral corner at the upper left) with Festive Berries Distress ink and mat on black suede with a ¼” border.
- TECHNIQUE – Wet Paper Stamping: Spray 2 5/8” square white cardstock with water until saturated. Turn the cardstock on point, stamp the light bulb on center with Distress ink and ink the edges while still wet. Dry with the heat gun. Over stamp the image with VersaMark™, dust with Zing! embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Mat on suede with a 1/16" border, then on red holographic ripple paper with a 1/8” border. Foam tape on point, centered on your card front.
- Stamp and emboss “Thinking OF YOU” on white cardstock, trim paper to 1 1/8”x5/8”, ink the edges with Distress ink and glue over a small die-cut tag. Save for your card assembly.
- Back card panel: Glue 2¾”x4½” Rhapsody floral border paper (keeping a floral corner at the bottom right) 1/8” from the right side of 4 7/8” square holographic paper. Mat the piece on black suede with a 1/16" border. Place a small red die-cut flower over the flower in the lower right corner, punch a hole in the center (through the card panel), secure with a small black brad and wrap a short length of 1/8” white grosgrain ribbon around the brad.
- Write or print “…on Father’s Day…” on 2”x2¾” white cardstock, at the upper left.
- Spray the cardstock with water and use the Wet Paper Stamping technique to stamp the light bulb with Distress ink half off the right side. Ink the edges. Stamp “with love” at the bottom, then heat set. Over stamp the light bulb again with Distress ink, and over stamp and emboss the sentiment with Zing! powder. Mat on black suede with a 1/16" border and glue ¼” from the top of the floral paper. Glue a small black die-cut heart as shown.
- Card assembly: Set the front card panel over the back card panel, aligning edges. Punch a hole through the center of the large flower in the border artwork at the top left. Punch a hole through the center of a small red die-cut flower. Place a medium black dot brad through the saved “Thinking OF YOU” tag, the flower, then through the hole in both card panels and secure on the back of the card. Wrap two short lengths of 1/8” white ribbon around the brad. Place “DAD” Dazzles™ on the right corner of the focal piece, as shown.