Valentine Card within a card
By: LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Create a card within a card and use a stamped butterfly as the card closure.
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Robin’s Red Paper Pack (link)
- Robin’s Red Embellies™ (link)
- Robin’s Red Ribbon Set (link)
- Butterflies Stamp Set (link)
- Zing! Red Glitter Finish Embossing Powder (link)
- Zing! Black Glitter Finish Embossing Powder (link)
- Black Memento Ink Pad (link)
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad (link)
- Cardstock (link)
- Heat Gun (link)
- Bone Folder (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Fine tip black pen (link) or computer printer
- Cut 9”x5” ivory cardstock and score and fold 3” from the left. Stamp and red glitter emboss swirl and tiny Butterflies Stamps around the outside edges to the right of the fold. Close the front flap and glue 2 7/8”x4 7/8” Robin’s Red red dot paper to the card front.
- Fold 8”x4” red cardstock in half and place the fold on the right. Glue to the inside back of the ivory card, 3/4” from the right and 1/2” from the top and bottom.
- Ink the edges of a 3 7/8” square of ivory Robin’s Red paper. Stamp “Thinking of You” Butterflies Stamp at the top, a small butterfly to the left, a medium swirl butterfly at the flower right and a medium side view butterfly extending off the left side as shown. Glue the ivory square to the center of the red card front.
- Stamp and black glitter emboss the side view Butterflies Stamp on ivory cardstock, the small butterfly and medium swirl butterfly on red cardstock. Cut out and glue the small butterfly over the small stamped image so the antenna show. Place foam tape on the wings of the medium swirl butterfly and place over the stamped image. Closure: Close the red cardstock card with the red dot flap from the ivory card under the red card flap. Foam tape the side view Butterflies Stamp to the red dot flap so that the wing and head act as a closure for the red card. Use 1/4” wide red sheer ribbon to make a bow and Zot to the top right corner of the red cardstock card.
- Inside: Write or Print “Valentine” on a 3 7/8” square of ivory Robin’s Red paper. Secure a large heart Robin’s Red Embellies™ below the sentiment. Stamp 3 tiny black Butterflies Stamps as shown. Close the left red dot flap and then secure the red cardstock card front under the butterfly closure.