paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Swaps & Challenges > Monthly Guest Host Challenges

Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Default December 15 Monthly Guest Host Challenge

Happy Holidays Everyone! I celebrate Christmas, so if you do too, Merry Christmas! This is my very first challenge to create - ever, so I hope you will play along. For those of you whose MOJO is AWOL, maybe this is EXACTLY the Rx to get you going again... I am posting a week early, because well, we all have things to do, and I SO WANT YOU TO PARTICIPATE!

Title of this Challenge would be: Best of 2013 Inspiration Project
"What?", you ask. Well, here is the background. I LOVE Paper Wishes Webisodes and Product Videos. I APPRECIATE all the effort, expense, and commitment the company makes to INSPIRE US. And for me, it works. Whenever I hit a dry spot, I go back and review the Project Gallery, Simply Ann tutorials, etc. I ALWAYS find something to motivate me. So I am using my Challenge as a shout out to thank them for providing these videos.

So what exactly IS the Challenge? 1. Go to the Webisode Archive/Gallery, scroll until you find an episode/project that INSPIRES YOU. (Note the Date!) Gather supplies to create the SAME project, OR allow your creativity to be SPARKED and modify the idea to make it your own.

2. Post a photo of your project (not necessarily a card - you may want to do gift tags, gift bags, door hangers, calendar pages, scrapbook pages, whatever), and if you are a "Plan Ahead-er" take a photo of your supplies, or your work in progress.

3. In your posting, please tell us what your inspiration was from, include the date and or product name, then tell us how/if you modified the original.

As I understand it, there is NO END DATE to these Monthly Guest Host Challenges, so feel free to use that quiet morning after your guests depart and you just Have to do something for yourself. Your posted projects will be an inspiration to all of us, and might give PW some feedback, reminding them of how much we LOVE them! You are supposed to create a new project for these challenges, but if you have something in your completed stash that you made but never used for a challenge or swap, you can post that - just include the information listed above.

My example is here:
I watched the Webisode from August 27, 2013 Christmas Cards and More: Holiday Artful Card Kits. I was inspired to use the Cider ACK to create a retirement card for my good friend. Hope you like it.

I am working on some other projects also, so I will post as I go. If you have questions, I will try to answer quickly either in this thread or on PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	5238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0879.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	5239  

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,010 Times in 886 Posts

Great challenge, Linda! I'm going to have to have a good look around to find what I want to do!

BTW: I love your quote! If my kids were still little, I would scrap a beautiful sign with that quote on it and put it in the bathrooms!

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (12-10-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I know you are all busy as bees in summer, but please buzz in and at least read the challenge so you can be thinking about joining! Thanks...

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 12-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,010 Times in 886 Posts

I did the designer challenge - does that count? LOL

I am swamped with Christmas projects, but I will be doing this challenge.

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (12-22-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I'm looking at previous webisodes and want to join in on this challenge. But I may not have time to finish it till after Christmas. Yes, you're right...I'm also one of those busy bees!!
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenH For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (12-22-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

This is a great challenge! I was going to make a banner, but it'll have to wait until the new year.
LindaH61 (12-22-2013)