“Cheer” Card Booklet
By: Susan Cobb
I used two cards to create a “booklet” or card within a card. The Design Tool Kit #3 is great for creating a shape for each page with overlapping edges. The booklet is held together with ribbon. Silver-inked Christmas Greetings Dazzles™ contrast well against the navy suede.
- Fresh Frost 6x6 Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Navy Suede (link)
- Silver Snowflakes Holographic (link)
- Gold Christmas Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- Christmas Lace Ribbons set (link)
- Frosty Flakes 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white cards (link)
- Design Tool Kit #3 (link)
- Teal Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Metallic Silver StāzOn® ink pad (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- Ink the Dazzles™ sheet (or just the words and images you wish to use) with Metallic Silver StāzOn® ink and let dry. Add another coat as needed for coverage, and let dry.
- For the first card (front and back): Place the card with the fold on the left. Position the “Elegant Label” shape centered vertically on the left side of the card front, with the first outer curve of the shape overlapping the fold of the card. The center point on the right side of the shape will be 1 3/8” from the right side of the card. Hold in place and outline the shape with a pencil. Open the card and cut along your pencil line, through the front of the card only.
- Open the card out flat with the trimmed side of the card on your left. Align the straight edge of the largest Design Tool shape centered on the right side of the fold. Trace around the edges with the pencil, then trim along the lines.
- Close the card so the smaller shape is on the front. Cover the top half of the front with aqua snowflakes paper and the bottom half with aqua/tan/blue stripes paper. Trim the edges evenly with the shape. Cut a 4”x1/2” navy textured paper and glue across the center. Trim edges evenly. Trace and cut out an “Elegant Tag” shape from Navy Suede. Add “Cheer” and a star to the tag and glue on the striped paper as shown.
- Cover the inside front with tan/blue dots paper and red/tan snowflakes paper. Cover the adjoining page with burgundy/blue/aqua/tan snowflakes paper and burgundy/tan dots paper. Glue 1/4" wide tan/ivory gingham ribbon on the center, trimming outer edge evenly. Trace and cut out an Exquisite Label shape from Navy Suede. Place “Merry Christmas” centered on the label then glue centered on the ribbon.
- For the second card (pages 1 and 2): Place the card with the fold on the left. Align the “Victorian Cutaway” shape with the long straight edge even with the fold. Trace around the edges with the pencil, then trim along your pencil lines through the card front only. Open the card out flat with the trimmed side of the card on your left. Turn the largest Design Tool shape so the straight edge is aligned with the right edge of the card. Trace around the shape, stopping when you reach the fold. Trim along your pencil lines.
- Close the second card and cover the front with Navy Suede, trimming edges evenly with the shape. Trace and cut out a “Scalloped Tag” from burgundy snowflakes paper and glue angled on the center. Add “Joy” and holly leaves/berries on the bottom of the tag as shown. Add stars to the right side of the page.
- Cover the inside front with aqua/navy dots paper and navy/tan snowflakes paper. Glue 1/8” wide aqua grosgrain ribbon on the center. Trace and cut out a “Lavish Label” shape from navy suede. Place “Noel” and holly leaves/berries on the label as shown. Glue centered over the ribbon and papers.
- Cover the adjoining page with Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper. Trace and cut out a Scalloped Oval shape from Navy Suede. Turn the oval vertically and place “Peace” and 3 stars on it as shown. Glue centered on the Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper. Cover the back with navy textured paper and aqua snowflakes paper. Glue 1/8” wide aqua grosgrain ribbon on the center, trimming edges evenly. Place “Blessings” on the navy paper as shown.
- Place the second card inside the first card, aligning the folds together. Wrap the folds together with a 24” length of 3/4" wide burgundy crepe ribbon and tie a knot, then trim the ends in a “V”. Pop out snowflakes from the papier tole sheet and layer together with foam tape. Glue to the pages as shown, then decorate with Teal Jewel Dazzles™. Zot™ ribbons in place as shown.