Let your heart Soar
By: Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: Here’s an easy technique for a shaped cutaway card—I trimmed 1” from the opening edge of the card front, then placed the feather Papier Tole embellishment to extend a bit over the edge. This creates a pretty detailed edge without having to do a lot of fancy cutting.
- Fancy Feathers Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Fancy Feathers Ribbons Set
- Gold Pearl Feathers Dazzles™
- Mystic Feathers 3-D Foil Papier Tole Die-cuts
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Glue stick
- Black fine tip pen or computer printer
- Font: Murray Hill
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Trim 1” from the right side of the card front only. Cover the remaining card front with Fancy Feathers purple/pink/blue feathers and swirls corner paper, with some large feathers and narrow feather border on the card.
- Press out the large feather Papier Tole embellishment pieces. Layer the pieces together with foam tape according to number, over its matching image.
- Place the large Dazzles™ feather on blue/pink swirls collage paper and trim the edges evenly. Position the Papier Tole embellishment, large Dazzles™ feather plus a 2 1/2" Dazzles™ feather so the base of all the feathers overlap at the bottom of the card front. The large Dazzles™ feather will overlap the bottom edge of the card, so trim the excess evenly with the card. Glue or press the pieces in place.
- Foam tape the small pink bird on the large Dazzles™ feather. Add a small Dazzles™ feather and extra art feather from the Papier Tole sheet near the base of the feather cluster as shown. Use 3/4" wide dark blue crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow at the base of the feather cluster.
- Place Dazzles™ “let your heart Soar” on the top of the card as shown. Add a small feather beneath the words, a swirl near the lower left corner, and a tiny heart on the bird.
- Inside: Cover the inside with green/blue textured paper. Write or computer print “And have a very happy birthday!” on aqua textured paper. Trim to a 2 1/8”x1” rectangle and mat on purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Fold a small piece of blue crepe ribbon and glue it beneath the left side of the rectangle for a tab. Add the pink extra art feather and small Dazzles™ feathers in a cluster on the green/blue textured paper, 1” from the right side and 1 3/4" from the bottom. Glue the sentiment on the card, overlapping the feathers as shown. Glue the blue bird on the bottom of the feathers cluster. Add Dazzles™ hearts as shown.